- Apply for a Mortgage
- Contact Us
- Mortgage News
- Library & Statistics
- Rates & Tools
- Mortgage Services
Search the Glossary
Canadian Financial, Real Estate and Mortgage Glossary
Words categorized under Computers-internet
- browser — Definition (Computers-internet)
- A computer software program used for accessing and viewing Internet Web sites.
- encryption — Definition (Computers-internet)
- A method for ensuring the privacy and security of a consumer's personal finance information at a bank or financial institution Web site. Encryption is the process of scrambling data so that only the intended receiver can use it. To be effective, encryption needs to be used by both the sender and the receiver. Consumers should make sure it is being used when sending sensitive information. CanEquity uses a encrypted server for all of our online applications.
- facebook — Definition (Companies-associations, Computers-internet)
- The world's most used social network launched in 2004.
- faq — Definition (Computers-internet)
- An acronym for "frequently asked questions."
- glossary — Definition (Computers-internet)
- An alphabetized list of terms and definitions.
- key — Definition (Computers-internet)
- A password needed to decipher encrypted data.
- linkedin — Definition (Computers-internet)
- A social network for professionals.
- secure socket layer (SSL) — Definition (Computers-internet)
- A standard form of encryption used over the Internet for e-commerce and banking transactions.
- ➥ Seen as 'https' in a web address (URL).
- twitter — Definition (Computers-internet)
- A social network that limits messages to a length of 140 characters.
Search the Glossary
Mortgage CalculatorHow does an adjustment in the size of your down payment change how much you'll end up paying for your new home? The difference can be staggering. Use our mortgage calculator and see how a simple change can save you tens of thousands of dollars.
Mortgage RatesGetting a low mortgage rate can mean the difference between you buying your dream home and... just a house. Look no further, apply today and get a great rate on your mortgage.
Mortgage BrokersYour bank simply isn't in the business of finding you a low mortgage rate. We can beat the banks' rates because we're not beholden to any one lender. We're free agents. We play the field, and if another lender offers us a better mortgage rate, our brokers will take it in a heartbeat and save you money in the process. Our independence lets us be confident that we can provide you with the best mortgage rates in Canada.