- Apply for a Mortgage
- Contact Us
- Mortgage News
- Library & Statistics
- Rates & Tools
- Mortgage Services
Search the Glossary
Canadian Financial, Real Estate and Mortgage Glossary
- jack and jill bathroom — Definition
- A bathroom shared by two bedrooms.
- joint account (J/A) — Definition, Important
- A bank account owned by two or more persons who share equally in the rights and liabilities of the account.
- joint and survivor annuity — Definition
- An annuity with multiple annuitants (usually spouses) that makes payments as long as either of the annuitants are alive.
- joint credit — Definition
- Credit that is issued to two people based their credit reports and their combined assets and incomes. The repayment of joint credit is the responsibility of both parties.
- joint liability — Definition
- The responsibility of two or more people to repay a debt
- joint tenancy — Definition
- When two people (typically spouses) both own an undivided interest in a property. If one joint tenant passes away, the other receives the title to the entire property.
- joint venture — Definition
- A partnership between two or more parties for the purpose of purchasing, owning, and/or developing real estate for a specific purpose and duration.
- joint venture accounting (JVA) — Acronym
- jointly-owned property — Definition
- A property held in the name of more than one person.
- judgement — Definition
- A determination by a court of law or a judicial decision.
- junior mortgage — Definition
- A loan that is subsequent to the claims of the holder of a prior (senior) mortgage.
Search the Glossary
Not All Brokers Offer Great RatesThe majority of brokers in Canada limit themselves to using a small network of lenders. We however, have access to dozens of lenders and the lowest mortgage rates in Canada.
Mortgage CalculatorsWe took all of your suggestions over the years and added them all to our new and improved mortgage calculators. We think they're pretty good, but don't take our word for it, try them it out for yourself!