- Advocis Protective Association (APA) — Company, Canada,
➥ Protects Advocis members by offering comprehensive errors and omissions insurance coverage.
- Canadian Institute of Financial Planning (CIFP) — Company, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, Important,
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) — Acronym, Canada,
- Offers studies and analysis on Canadian marketplace and its economy focusing on fixed-income securities, segregated / hedge funds, and equity transactions.
➥ An investment management course recognized by the Canadian Securities Institute.
- Canadian Securities Institute (CSI) — Company Est. 1970, Canada,
- Offers financial services education and is endorsed by regulatory authorities across Canada.
➥ Better known as CSI Global Education Inc.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) — Acronym, Canada, Important,
➥ Certification awarded in Canada by Financial Planners Standards Council (FPSC).
- Chartered Financial Consultant (CH.F.C) — Acronym,
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) — Acronym, Canada, Important,
➥ A professional designation demonstrating knowledge of life insurance products.
- Creative Planning Financial Group (CPFG) — Company Est. 1971, Toronto, Ontario, Canada,
- Financial Advisors Association of Canada (FAAC) — Company Est. 1906, Canada,
➥ Better known as Advocis.
- Institute of Advanced Financial Planners (IAFP) — Company Est. 2002, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada,
➥ Offers the R.F.P.® (Registered Financial Planner™) professional designation.
- Investment Management Techniques (IMT) — Acronym, Canada,
- Offers in-depth studies in investment policies, risk tolerance, securities, international investing and managed products.
➥ An investment management course needed to receive a CIM designation.
- Life Underwriters Association of Canada (LUAC) — Company, Canada,
- Managers Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors of Canada (MAIFAC) — Company, Ontario, Canada,
- Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) — Bank, Canada, Important,
- Personal Financial Services Advice (PFSA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Offered to financial planners for insights into building client relationships using proper communication and procedures.
➥ A financial planning course.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) — Company Est. 1998, Canada,
- Provides domestic and international advice on trust and estates, including planning, administration and related taxes.
➥ Known as STEP Canada.
- Specialist in Financial Counseling (SPC) — Acronym,
- Vancouver Financial Planning Consultants (VFPC) — Company Est. 1985, British Columbia, Canada,
- Wealth Management Essentials (WME) — Acronym, Canada,
- A course in budgeting, saving and debt / risk management in relation to retirement planning, estate planning and annuity based financial products.
➥ A financial planning licensing course.