Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- obtainment cost
Definition of Acquisition Fee
- "Acquisition" is the act of buying or obtaining an item.
- Some leasing companies charge a fee for initiating the original loan. This is similar to mortgage lenders who charge additional percentage points as an origination fee. This fee is often not specified in a contract, but is included in the cost when calculating monthly payments.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Disposition Fee — Definition,
- A fee charged by some lessors at the end of a lease where the customer pays for the privilege of returning the vehicle.
- Origination Fee — Bank,
- The fee a lender charges to process a loan. It usually includes the cost to prepare loan documents, check a borrower's credit history, inspect the property and sometimes conduct an appraisal. CanEquity will in most cases use a lender who doesn't charge this fee or we will cover the cost in full.