- A type of credit card (usually Visa or MasterCard) that has an endorsement or sponsorship agreement with an organization, charity, or non-profit group in which a percentage of the sales transactions made using the card go to that organization. The logo or organization name is generally displayed on the credit card.
partnership, affiliation, association, in relation with, alliance, branded together
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Cash Cards — Definition,
- Cash cards, similar to pre-paid phone cards, contain a set amount of value, which can be read by a special cash card reader. Participating retailers will use the reader to debit the card in increments until the value is gone. The cards are like cash -- they have no built-in security, so if lost or stolen, they can be used by anyone.
- Co-branded Card — Definition,
- A type of affinity card issued through a partnership or alliance between a bank and another retail company. For instance, a large department store may co-brand a card with a bank. The card would have two brand names on it -- the bank's name and the store's name. Usually, the attraction of the card is special deals with the retail partner. Many -- particularly the ones affiliated with airlines that offer air miles -- are popular enough to command a hefty annual fee.
- Credit Card (CC) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ A payment card that gives customers access to a revolving line of credit.
- A plastic card with a coded magnetic stripe that, when signed, entitles its bearer to a revolving line of credit, with a credit limit and interest rate determined by the borrower's income and credit report.