Annual Mortgage Statement
Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- mortgage summary
- Annual Mortgagor Statement
Definition of Annual Mortgage Statement
- An annual report or statement sent to the borrower which details the remaining principal amount owing on the loan and the amount paid in taxes and interest for the previous year.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Loan Term — Bank,
- The period specified in the promissory note for a borrower to pay a loan, such as a mortgage. Most conventional mortgages have a loan term of 5 or 10 years.
- Note Rate — Bank,
- The percentage paid by a borrower for the use of money, usually expressed as an annual percentage on a promissory note.
- Statement — Bank,
- A detailed record of transactions in a bank customer's account(s) for a certain period, usually each month, which shows debits, credits, transfers, payroll deposits, account balance, cheque fees, service and interest charges, ATM activity, etc.
- Year-end Statement — Bank,
- A report sent to the borrower each year. The report shows how much was paid in taxes and interest during the year, as well as the remaining mortgage loan balance at the end of the year.
- Mortgage (mtg) — Abbreviation, Important,
- A mortgage is a contract stipulating a specific real property, typically a residence or building, as collateral for a loan. The mortgage incurs a rate of interest that varies according to term and other features.
- Amortization Schedule — Bank,
- A detailed table showing the amortization of a loan which includes the beginning principal amount, period payments, the interest portion of each payment, the principal reduction portion each payment, and the ending balance. The Canadian Equity Group has developed a mortgage rate calculator which will generate a perfect example of an amortization schedule.
- Principal — Bank,
- The original balance of money lent on an outstanding loan and fees, excluding interest. Also the remaining balance of a loan, excluding interest.