Annuity in Arrears
Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- held-back annuities
- held in arrears
- back payment
Definition of Annuity in Arrears
- An arrangement where payments are made at the end of each period instead of at the beginning. An example of an annuity in arrears would be mortgage payments, which are paid to cover the previous period's principle and interest. Also known as an "ordinary annuity."
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Annuity — Definition,
- A financial instrument that disperses a number of payments over a set period of time.
- A regular periodic payment made by an insurance company to a policyholder for a specified period of time.
- Annuity in Advance — Definition,
- When payments are made at the start of a period as opposed to the end.