Back Title Letter
Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- legal document
Definition of Back Title Letter
- A letter or document from the title insurance company that specifies the condition of the title. The letter is generally given to the lawyer involved in the real estate transaction.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Deed (D) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ Used to transfer ownership of assets, often land or automobiles.
- A document that provides title to property and is filed with a country recorder.
- Title — Definition,
- Evidence of a person's right to possession ownership of a property.
- Title Report — Definition,
- A report that reveals any competing claims, liens, or other problems relating to a property. A title report is required before title insurance will be issued. Also known as a "Preliminary Title Report" or "Prelim."