- An improvement, addition, or replacement to a property that increases the value.
advancement, improvement, repairing, fixing, upgrade
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Curb Appeal — Definition,
- The look of a house when viewed from the street.
- Fixer-upper (fxr) — Abbreviation,
- A house that needs a lot of work and which sells for a discount.
- Resale Value — Definition,
- The sales price that would be negotiated by a willing seller and buyer for an existing home or property.
- Sweat Equity — Definition,
- The value of the work put into a house by its owner. This can be used in place of a full down payment. Up to and including 50% of a down payment.
- Upgrades — Definition,
- Options that allow buyers of newly built houses to select higher-quality floor coverings, cabinets, windows and other amenities for more money.