- The expenses of maintaining a home or property. For example, mortgage payments, property taxes, and the expenses of utilities, repairs and upkeep.
maintenance, lease, mortgage, overhead, carrying charge, utility costs
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Debt/Equity Ratio — Definition,
- A comparison of debt and equity used to measure the health of a business.
- Gross Debt Service (GDS) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ Used by mortgage lender underwriters to determine one's ability to qualify for a mortgage loan.
- The total monthly mortgage (or rent) payments, property taxes, utilities and maintenance fees as a percentage of gross monthly income.
- Total Debt Service (TDS) — Acronym, Important,
- The ratio of a borrower's total monthly debt payments to his or her monthly gross income. Lenders use this ratio to determine how much of a loan a borrower is qualified for.