- A form of automotive insurance policy where the insurer provides coverage for vehicular damage not resulting from a traffic collision, or for the theft of an insured vehicle.
automotive insurance policy, car insurance coverage, extended coverage
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Blanket Insurance — Definition,
- A form of insurance that covers multiple different classes of property with one policy. Homeowner's insurance, for instance, not only covers damages to the insured home, but also the contents of the home.
- Broad Form Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that covers rare events not normally covered in an existing insurance policy.
- Collision Insurance — Definition,
- Auto insurance that provides coverage for damages to the policyholder's vehicle in the event that the policyholder is at fault in a traffic collision.
- Financial Responsibility Laws — Definition,
- A type of law that requires an entity to be capable of paying for damages in the event of a potential claim.
- Gap Insurance — Definition,
- A type of insurance offered to auto lease customers. This type of insurance covers the difference in value between a vehicle's book value and the amount remaining on a vehicles financing or lease, if such a difference exists.
- High Risk Auto Insurance — Definition,
- Auto insurance for drivers with an increased risk of collisions.
- Preferred Auto — Definition,
- Auto insurance for those with better driving records.
- Private-Passenger Auto Insurance Policyholder Risk Profile — Definition,
- A system for sorting drivers by their driving records and how likely they are to cause a loss for an insurance company.