- A type of insurance policy that provides coverage for items on consignment, loan, in the process of a transfer of ownership, or up for auction. For example, consignment insurance can be used to cover a painting on loan to a museum.
consignment agreement insurance
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Conditional Sales Floater — Definition,
- Insurance that covers losses on property sold conditionally or on an instalment plan.
- Floater Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that covers assets not commonly covered by an existing policy such as electronics or jewelry.
- Insurance (insur) — Abbreviation,
- An arrangement where one party provides financial protection to another party for specific damages or losses.
- Liability Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that provides coverage for damages caused by an individual or entity's negligence or legal responsibilities.
- Personal Property (PP) — Acronym,
- Property that is movable and not permanently attached to a dwelling or structure.
- Property Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that provides coverage for damages to property from a number of perils.
- Rider — Definition,
- Additional insurance coverage that can added onto another insurance policy.