- The fee charged for transporting the vehicle to the dealer from the manufacturer or port of entry. This charge is to be passed on to the buyer without any mark-up.
conveyance cost, delivery of freight fee, transportation charge
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Disposition Fee — Definition,
- A fee charged by some lessors at the end of a lease where the customer pays for the privilege of returning the vehicle.
- Preparation Charges — Definition,
- An additional charge that dealers try to impose on buyers. It represents pure profit for the dealers, who have already been paid by the manufacturer for the cost of preparing the car for sale.
- Sticker Price (RRP, MSRP) — Acronym,
- This shows the base price, the manufacturer's installed options with the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP), the manufacturer's destination charge and the fuel economy (mileage). It is the Monroney label affixed to the car window and is required by federal law. The label may not be removed by anyone other than the purchaser.