- An insurance professional who offers products directly and exclusively from the insurance company they are employed by. Also known as a "captive agent."
bound employee, restricted agent, confined
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Captive Agent — Definition,
- An insurance agent who uses a limited number of insurance companies, or a single insurance company, when finding products for their clients.
- Captive Finance Company — Definition,
- A finance company related to a specific dealer or manufacturer.
- Insurance (insur) — Abbreviation,
- An arrangement where one party provides financial protection to another party for specific damages or losses.
- Insurance Broker — Definition,
- An agent who sells insurance policies.
- Third-party Administrator (TPA) — Acronym, Important,
- A claims administrator that is hired to process insurance claims and/or employee benefits for another party.