- The inability of an individual to perform the everyday, vital tasks required to effectively carry out their work role, or the inability to complete the aforementioned tasks in a timely manner, due to an illness or health condition
impairment, affliction, unable to work, constricted, debility
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Confining Condition — Definition,
- Any medical condition that forces an individual to stay confined to a single location.
- Disability Insurance (DI) — Acronym, Important,
- Insurance that covers individuals who develop a condition that hinders their ability to work.
- Handicap Accessibility — Definition,
- A measure of how accessible a location, product or service is for people with special needs or disabilities.
- Power of Attorney (PA, POA) — Acronym,
- A document in which the signer authorizes someone to conduct business in his or her name -- signing title documents and cheques, for example.
- Respite Care — Definition,
- Medical or non-medical care provided for a sick or disabled person which is arranged to give a primary caregiver respite for a short or extended period of time.