Employment Equity Act
- A federal statute that requires employers with 100 or more employees to eliminate any practices in the workplace discriminating against four designated groups of people who have historically been disadvantaged in the labour market: women; people who, by reason of race or colour, are members of visible minority groups; aboriginal peoples; and persons with disabilities.
jobs, discrimination, non-discriminate
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Employers Liability Insurance (ELI) — Acronym,
- Insurance purchased to cover businesses for liability from workplace accidents.
- Employment Insurance (EI) — Acronym, Canada,
➥ Formerly known as Unemployment Insurance (UI).
- A Service Canada program where premiums are paid by taxpayers and benefits are provided for the unemployed.