- To force or put out (a tenant, for example) by legal process when lease terms are violated.
boot, removed, kicked out, dislodged
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Income Property — Definition,
- Real estate developed or improved to produce income. Also referred to as "non-owner occupied property" or "rental property."
- Landlord — Definition,
- One who rents or leases his or her property to another person or a business.
- Non-owner Occupant — Definition,
- A borrower who purchases a property for investment or rental purposes and will not occupy the property.
- Possession — Definition,
- Something that is owned.
- The condition of having signed all the papers at closing and having received keys to the house.
- Proprietor — Definition,
- The owner of a business or property.
- Rent — Definition,
- When one party pays another for the use of an asset, service or property.
- Rent Loss Insurance — Definition,
- Hazard insurance that pays for a loss in rental value or rental income if damage causes the property to become unfit for habitation.
- Rental Agreement (RA) — Acronym, Important,
- A document that states the terms and conditions for tenancy of a dwelling.
- Renter's Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that covers renters for liabilities or damages occurring to or within insured property.
- Tenant — Definition,
- One who rents property.