- Face value can refer to the apparent value of an asset, the size of a life insurance policy's death benefit, or the maximum amount payable in a property, casualty or health insurance policy. Also known as "stated value," or "par value."
stated value, par value
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Casualty Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that covers losses and liability from injuries to others and/or damage to the property of others.
- Death Benefit (DB) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ An amount paid to a beneficiary in a life linsurance policy.
- A payment or series of payments made to the beneficiaries of a life insurance policy.
- Health Insurance (HI) — Acronym,
- Insurance that covers the costs of medical expenses for insured persons.
- Insurable Value — Definition,
- The total amount that an asset can be insured for.
- Insurance (insur) — Abbreviation,
- An arrangement where one party provides financial protection to another party for specific damages or losses.
- Insured Value — Definition,
- What an insurer will pay to replace an insured asset.
- Life Insurance — Definition, Very Important,
➥ CanEquity offers life insurance.
- An arrangement where an insurer agrees to pay a benefit to one or more beneficiaries in the event of the policyholder's death.
- Property Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that provides coverage for damages to property from a number of perils.