- Fixed business costs that do not change with the volume of business, such as rent for business premises, insurance payments, utilities, etc.
constant expenses, static expenses, rigid expenses
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Expense — Definition,
- Costs incurred through a business's operations.
- Fixed Instalment — Definition,
- Periodic (usually monthly) payment on a loan whose sum does not vary.
- Lease (lse) — Abbreviation,
- A written agreement in which the property owner allows a tenant to use property in exchange for rent, and for a specified period. Or, a written agreement in which a car dealer allows a consumer to use a vehicle in exchange for payments for a specified period.
- Loss — Definition,
- When expenses are larger than revenues.
- Operational Expenses (OpEx) — Abbreviation,
- Costs accruing from a business's business operations.
- Other Income/Expenses — Definition,
- Any income or expenses earned or disbursed by a business that are not clearly associated to its core operations.
- Premium — Definition,
- A payment made to an insurance company for insurance coverage.
- Profit — Definition,
- When revenues exceed expenses.
- Tax Deduction — Definition,
- An expense that governments allow you to subtract from your income before computing your income tax.