Foreign Exchange Rate
- The value of one nation's currency in comparison to another nation's currency.
foreign-exchange rate, forex rate, fx rate, exchange rate
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Call Deposit Account — Definition,
- A bank account that combines some features from both savings and checking accounts.
- Derivatives — Definition,
- Financial contracts whose value is derived from the value of some underlying asset, rate or index. Derivatives are used as risk-management tools by governments and corporations to reduce exposure to risk, mainly related to fluctuations in foreign-exchange and interest rates. Derivative instruments include swaps, options, futures and forward contracts and are used by banks in two principal activities: sales/trading and asset/liability management.
- Foreign Currency (FCY) — Acronym,
- Paper money and coins from other countries.
- Foreign Currency Surcharge — Definition,
- A fee charged by a credit card company for purchases made in a foreign currency.
- Foreign Exchange (FX, F/X, FOREX, FE) — Acronym,
➥ Bank account transaction code.
- Various instruments used to settle payments for transactions between individuals or organizations using different currencies (e.g., notes, cheques, etc.).