- A term used to describe the main types of financial institutions: banking, trust, insurance and securities.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Bank — Definition,
- An institution that acts as a financial intermediary by receiving money from depositors and lenders and also lending to borrowers.
- Insurance (insur) — Abbreviation,
- An arrangement where one party provides financial protection to another party for specific damages or losses.
- Security — Definition,
- A tradable financial implement that represents ownership, the rights to ownership or debt.
- Property designated as collateral.
- A document stating ownership of a stock or bond.
- Trust Company — Definition,
- A company that acts as a trustee (an entity that controls financial assets on the behalf of another).