Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- health insurance
- health plan
Definition of Healthcare Plan
- Individual or group coverage that pays for the cost of medical and dental charges incurred by the individual and their families.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) — Acronym, Important,
- A healthcare plan where insured people receive reasonably priced health insurance through an organization with firm guidelines on the scope of care.
- Universal Healthcare — Definition,
- A system for providing healthcare free to patients at point of use.
- Gatekeeper — Definition,
- In relation to health maintenance organizations, a gatekeeper is a primary care physician that arranges medical care for policyholders.
- Group Health Insurance Plan — Definition,
- Health insurance that covers a large group of people, often as part as a employee benefit package.
- Travel Insurance — Definition, Very Important,
- Insurance that covers a number of events that can occur when an individual is travelling out of the province or country.
- Health Insurance (HI) — Acronym,
- Insurance that covers the costs of medical expenses for insured persons.
- Two-Tier Healthcare — Definition,
- A situation where public healthcare is available to all people, but private healthcare can be purchased by those who want it.
- Medical Specialist — Definition,
- A doctor with training in a specific medical field.