- Available as an optional feature with some property insurance policies, inflation protection increases insurance policy limits to keep pace with inflation.
keeping pace with inflation, protecting against in inflation, inflation hedging
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) — Acronym, Important,
- An index that measures movements in the average price of products and services typically consumed by Canadian families.
- Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) — Acronym,
- A method used to keep salaries and benefits in line with inflation by following an index such as the Consumer Price Index.
- Disinflation — Definition,
- A reduction in the inflation rate as a result of either government policy or a decline in economic activity.
- Economic Indicators — Definition,
- Statistics that help determine how the economy is faring. They include the Consumer Price Index, housing starts, and unemployment rates, among others.
- Inflation — Definition,
- A rise in the average level of prices in the economy.
- Inflation-Protected Annuity — Definition,
- An annuity that guarantees a return equal to or above inflation.
- Microeconomics — Definition,
- Looking at the individual parts of the economy, with emphasis given to the market process and how it works.
- Monetary Policy — Definition,
- The Bank of Canada's ability to influence the economy through changes in short-term interest rates and the money supply.
- Stagflation — Definition,
- A time period where the unemployment rate and the rate of inflation are both relatively high.