- A mortgage given by a lessee on the security of his leasehold interests in the land.
land tenure mortgage
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Holding Period — Definition,
- The length of time a capital asset is owned. Assets held 12 months or less are short-term; those owned more than 12 months are long-term properties.
- Lease (lse) — Abbreviation,
- A written agreement in which the property owner allows a tenant to use property in exchange for rent, and for a specified period. Or, a written agreement in which a car dealer allows a consumer to use a vehicle in exchange for payments for a specified period.
- Leasehold (l/h) — Abbreviation,
- Land or property held under a lease for a term of years.
- Mortgage (mtg) — Abbreviation, Important,
- A mortgage is a contract stipulating a specific real property, typically a residence or building, as collateral for a loan. The mortgage incurs a rate of interest that varies according to term and other features.
- Real Estate (RE) — Acronym, Very Important,
- A section of land including all the natural resources (above and below the surface) and any permanent buildings or structures located on it. Also known as "realty."
- Tenure — Definition,
- The act, fact, or condition of holding something in one's possession such as real estate. A period during which something is held.