- An individual who signs a lease.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Ground Rent — Definition,
- Amount a leaseholder pays periodically for use of land only.
- Landlord — Definition,
- One who rents or leases his or her property to another person or a business.
- Lease (lse) — Abbreviation,
- A written agreement in which the property owner allows a tenant to use property in exchange for rent, and for a specified period. Or, a written agreement in which a car dealer allows a consumer to use a vehicle in exchange for payments for a specified period.
- Rent — Definition,
- When one party pays another for the use of an asset, service or property.
- Rental Agreement (RA) — Acronym, Important,
- A document that states the terms and conditions for tenancy of a dwelling.
- Renter's Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that covers renters for liabilities or damages occurring to or within insured property.
- Step Down Lease — Definition,
- A lease providing for decreases in rental payment at specified dates.
- Step Up Lease — Definition,
- A lease providing for increases in rental payment at specified dates.
- Sublet — Definition,
- An arrangement where a tenant leases property to a subtenant.
- Tenant — Definition,
- One who rents property.