- The individual or company that grants a lease to the lessee.
owner, property owner, landlord, land owner
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Ground Rent — Definition,
- Amount a leaseholder pays periodically for use of land only.
- Income Property — Definition,
- Real estate developed or improved to produce income. Also referred to as "non-owner occupied property" or "rental property."
- Landlord — Definition,
- One who rents or leases his or her property to another person or a business.
- Lease (lse) — Abbreviation,
- A written agreement in which the property owner allows a tenant to use property in exchange for rent, and for a specified period. Or, a written agreement in which a car dealer allows a consumer to use a vehicle in exchange for payments for a specified period.
- Non-owner Occupant — Definition,
- A borrower who purchases a property for investment or rental purposes and will not occupy the property.
- Rent — Definition,
- When one party pays another for the use of an asset, service or property.
- Rent Loss Insurance — Definition,
- Hazard insurance that pays for a loss in rental value or rental income if damage causes the property to become unfit for habitation.
- Rental Agreement (RA) — Acronym, Important,
- A document that states the terms and conditions for tenancy of a dwelling.
- Rental Property (RP) — Acronym, Important,
- Property that is occupied by rent-paying tenants and not the owner.
- Renter's Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that covers renters for liabilities or damages occurring to or within insured property.
- Step Down Lease — Definition,
- A lease providing for decreases in rental payment at specified dates.
- Step Up Lease — Definition,
- A lease providing for increases in rental payment at specified dates.
- Sublet — Definition,
- An arrangement where a tenant leases property to a subtenant.