Medical Loss Ratio
- A ratio used by insurance companies comparing the total cost of health benefits to premiums earned in a set period of time.
medical insurance earnings, medical non-profit ratio, insurance company revenue
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Earned Premium (EP) — Acronym,
- The amount of premiums that an insurer has collected from an insurance policy at a given time.
- Health Insurance (HI) — Acronym,
- Insurance that covers the costs of medical expenses for insured persons.
- Lapse Ratio — Definition,
- A ratio that compares how many life insurance policies have lapsed from the beginning year to the end.
- Loss Ratio — Definition,
- A method of comparing an insurer's losses to premiums earned in a specific period of time.
- Premium-to-Surplus Ratio — Definition,
- A method used to determine an insurance company's financial stability.
- Usual, Customary and Reasonable Fees — Definition,
- The expected cost of a medical treatment, and what an insurance company is willing to pay.