Net Operating Loss
- A net loss for the tax year attributable to business or casualty losses. Taxpayers may use an excess loss of one year as a deduction for certain past or future years.
operating loss, net loss
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Gross Profit Margin — Definition,
- The difference between the sales your business generates and the costs you pay out for goods.
- Loss — Definition,
- When expenses are larger than revenues.
- Net Operating Loss Carryover (NOLCO) — Acronym,
- Net Operating Loss Deduction (NOLD) — Acronym,
- Operating Cash Flow (OCF) — Acronym,
- The money a company generates from its business operations. This revenue excludes costs from certain investments.
- Operating Loan — Definition,
- A loan intended for short-term financing, supplying cash flow support or to cover day-to-day operating expenses.
- Operational Expenses (OpEx) — Abbreviation,
- Costs accruing from a business's business operations.
- Profit — Definition,
- When revenues exceed expenses.
- Solvency — Definition,
- To be able to meet one's financial liabilities in the short or long term.