- The total of all assets minus the total liabilities of an individual or company. Assets can include property, vehicles, or investments whereas liabilities are debts such as mortgages and credit card bills.
market value, net assets, wealth
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Home Equity (HE) — Acronym, Very Important,
- The part of a home's value that the mortgage borrower owns outright; the difference between the fair market value of the home and the principal balances of all mortgage loans.
- Illiquid Asset — Definition,
- An asset that cannot be sold easily or in a timely manner for its full value.