No Credit History
Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
Definition of No Credit History
- When an individual or entity has yet to establish any credit history. This can be hindrance to young people and recent immigrants because they can't apply for credit without a credit history, but they can't build a credit history without having taken out credit in the first place.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Secured Credit Card — Definition,
- A credit card that a cardholder secures with a savings deposit to ensure payment of the outstanding balance if the cardholder defaults on payments. It is used by people new to credit, or people trying to rebuild their poor credit ratings.
- No-documentation Loan — Definition,
- A mortgage in which the applicant provides a minimum of information -- name, address, Social Insurance number (so credit reports can be pulled), and contact information for an employer, if there is one. The underwriter decides on the loan based on the applicant's credit history, the appraised value of the house and size of down payment.
- Bad Credit — Definition,
- Someone who carries a higher credit risk.
- Credit History — Definition,
- A record of an individual's or company's past borrowing patterns and whether or not debts were repaid on time.
- Low-documentation Loan — Definition,
- A mortgage that requires less income or asset verification than conventional loans. Low-documentation loans are designed for the entrepreneur or self-employed, for recent immigrants, or for borrowers who cannot or choose not to reveal their financial information. A substantial down payment and excellent credit history are generally required. This type of loan will also yield a higher interest rate.
- Credit Bureau (CB) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ Company that determines one's credit worthiness.
- A company that collects and sells information about how people handle credit. It issues credit reports that list how individuals manage their debts and make payments, how much untapped credit they have available and whether they have applied for any loans. The reports are made available to individuals and to creditors who profess to have a legitimate need for the information.
- Credit Worthiness — Definition,
- How likely an individual or entity is to default on their debt.
- Bad Credit Loan — Definition,
- A loan taken out by someone with bad credit.
- Credit Score — Definition,
- Also referred to as a 'Beacon Score' is a number, between 300 and 900, that reflects a person's credit history. Lenders calculate this number using a computer system as part of the process for assigning rates and terms to the loans they grant.
- Good Credit — Definition,
- Someone who carries little credit risk.