- An event or a series of events that result in an insured loss and a trigger of coverage. Similar, but legally distinct from an 'accident', an occurrence can include damages that take place over an extended period of time due to continuous or repeated exposure.
episode, happening, incident
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Coverage — Definition,
- The type or amount of protection afforded by an insurance policy.
- Exposure — Definition,
- How much liability an insurer takes on when they write an insurance policy.
- Insurance Claim — Definition,
- An application for benefits made by an insurance policyholder after an insured event.
- Qualifying Event — Definition,
- An event that qualifies for insurance coverage.