Per Diem Interest
- Interest that is charged daily which usually refers to the partial month's interest that the buyer pays on the mortgage covering the period from the day of closing to the end of the month.
- The words "Per diem" are Latin for "per day" or "for each day."
each day, per day, compounded daily, daily interest
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Compound Interest — Definition,
- Interest that is calculated by adding the interest earned in the current period to the principal and figuring the next period's interest on this "compounded" total amount.
- Compounding Method — Definition,
- Used in Bank rate tables. These include: S--Simple interest. A--Compounded annually. H--Compounded semi-annually. Q--Compounded quarterly. M--Compounded monthly. D--Compounded daily.
- Interest (int, IN) — Acronym & Abbreviation,
➥ Bank account transaction code.
- Money paid for the use of borrowed funds, usually expressed as an annual percentage.
- Interest Factor — Definition,
- The decimal equivalent for an interest rate on a unit amount for a period of time. Computed by interest rate divided by number of days in a basic year times the number of days accrued.
- Interest Rate (IR) — Acronym, Very Important,
- The rate a lender charges an individual to borrow money.
- Mortgage Rate — Definition, Very Important,
➥ You can compare mortgage rates using this website by clicking 'Rates' above.
- The interest rate on a mortgage loan.
- Periodic Rate — Definition,
- The interest rate in relation to a specific amount of time. For example, the monthly periodic rate is the cost of credit per month whereas the daily periodic rate is the cost of credit per day.