- A contract made between an insurance company and an insured person or entity.
- A plan or course of action that outlines or influences decision making for a government, political party, or business.
insurance policy, plan, insurance contract
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Casualty Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that covers losses and liability from injuries to others and/or damage to the property of others.
- Contract — Definition,
- An agreement between two or more parties that can be enforced by law.
- Fiscal Policy — Definition,
- The use of government spending and taxation policies to influence the economy.
- Health Insurance (HI) — Acronym,
- Insurance that covers the costs of medical expenses for insured persons.
- Insurance (insur) — Abbreviation,
- An arrangement where one party provides financial protection to another party for specific damages or losses.
- Insurance Policy — Definition,
- A legal contract between an insurer and entity that specifies what the insurer is required to cover and any benefits the insured entity is entitled to.
- Liability Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that provides coverage for damages caused by an individual or entity's negligence or legal responsibilities.
- Life Insurance — Definition, Very Important,
➥ CanEquity offers life insurance.
- An arrangement where an insurer agrees to pay a benefit to one or more beneficiaries in the event of the policyholder's death.
- Monetary Policy — Definition,
- The Bank of Canada's ability to influence the economy through changes in short-term interest rates and the money supply.
- Non-Forfeiture Clause — Definition,
- A clause that allows a policyholder to receive partial or full benefits and/or a refund of premiums if the policy lapses due to unpaid premiums.
- Property Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that provides coverage for damages to property from a number of perils.
- Underwriting Guide — Definition,
- The rules and guidelines an underwriter must follow while writing policies.