Straight Life Annuity
- A type of annuity that makes periodic income payments until the annuitant's death. All payments stop after the annuitant's death, as a result no beneficiary can be designated.
whole life annuity, lifetime payout annuity, life annuity
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Annuity — Definition,
- A regular periodic payment made by an insurance company to a policyholder for a specified period of time.
- A financial instrument that disperses a number of payments over a set period of time.
- Cash Refund Annuity — Definition,
- An annuity that refunds any remaining balance to the beneficiaries or the annuitant's estate when the annuitant dies.
- Deferred Annuity — Definition,
- An annuity that makes payments to the annuitant at some date in future instead of immediately.
- Fixed Annuity — Definition,
- An annuity that makes fixed payments to the annuitant with guarantees for earnings and principal.
- Joint and Survivor Annuity — Definition,
- An annuity with multiple annuitants (usually spouses) that makes payments as long as either of the annuitants are alive.
- Life Annuity — Definition,
- An annuity that will continue to make payments until the death of the annuitant.
- Life Expectancy Method — Definition,
- A method of calculating the appropriate size of payments in an annuity's income phase by estimating the annuitant's life expectancy.
- Life Insurance — Definition, Very Important,
➥ CanEquity offers life insurance.
- An arrangement where an insurer agrees to pay a benefit to one or more beneficiaries in the event of the policyholder's death.
- Maturity Guarantee — Definition,
- A guarantee that after a certain date a contract, such as a life insurance policy or annuity, will have a minimum dollar value.
- Private Annuity — Definition,
- An arrangement where one party agrees to transfer ownership of an asset to another party (usually a beneficiary) in exchange for lifetime payments.
- Substandard Health Annuity — Definition,
- An annuity with increased income payments for people with shorter life expectancies due to medical conditions.