Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- tax claim
- tax collection
- hold on assets
Definition of Tax Lien
- A claim or obstacle that prevents the sale of a property due to unpaid taxes. The property title cannot be transferred until all liens are cleared.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Lien — Definition,
- A legal hold or claim of a creditor on the property of another.
- Fee Simple — Definition,
- Outright ownership of real estate, free of any liens or other claims against title.
- Clear Title — Definition,
- Title not burdened by liens or legal questions.
- Tax Sale — Definition,
- A government sale of property to recover unpaid taxes.
- Cloud on Title — Definition,
- A claim on title to property that could impair the ability to transfer ownership.
- Fee Simple Defeasible — Definition,
- When a person has outright ownership of real estate (free of any liens or other claims against title), but the use of the property is restricted.