Total Expense Ratio
- The percentage of monthly debt payments compared to total before-tax income.
overall expense ratio, monthly debt payments
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Debt-to-Income Ratio — Definition,
- The percentage of an individual's income that is used to repay debt.
- Expense Ratio — Definition,
- A method of calculating an insurer's operating efficiency.
- Gross Debt Service (GDS) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ Used by mortgage lender underwriters to determine one's ability to qualify for a mortgage loan.
- The total monthly mortgage (or rent) payments, property taxes, utilities and maintenance fees as a percentage of gross monthly income.