- Short-term government obligations that are payable to the bearer and sold on a discount basis; the difference between a T-bill's market or discounted price and its face or redemption value is effectively interest if the T-bill is held to maturity.
t-bill, debt obligation bill
Tbills, T-bill, Tbill, T-bills
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Investment Banking (IBK) — Acronym,
- Bank operations that manage a bank's funding position, as well as its holdings of Treasury bills, bonds and preferred and common stock.
- Maturity — Definition,
- The date when the principal balance of a loan is due and payable to the lender. Also, the date when a bond pays off its principal.
- Money Market Mutual Fund (MMMF) — Acronym,
- A mutual fund that invests in short-term debt instruments such as Treasury bills, commercial paper, and large CDs. Also referred to as money market fund (MMF).