- A type of annuity that gives the investor a great deal of control over how funds are invested after they have been collected in the accumulation phase.
tax-deferred annuity, umbrella annuity, sheltered annuity
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Annuity — Definition,
- A regular periodic payment made by an insurance company to a policyholder for a specified period of time.
- A financial instrument that disperses a number of payments over a set period of time.
- Annuity Certain — Definition,
- A type of annuity that makes payments to the annuitant for a set term; payments stop when the agreed upon term ends, even if the annuitant is still alive after the term ends.
- Deferred Annuity — Definition,
- An annuity that makes payments to the annuitant at some date in future instead of immediately.
- Immediate Payment Annuity — Definition,
- An annuity where payments to the annuitant start immediately after the annuity has been set up.
- Split-Funded Annuity — Definition,
- Two annuities purchased together, one with a deferred payout and the other with an immediate payout.
- Tax Deferred Annuity (TDA) — Acronym, Important,
➥ More commonly known as a Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA).
- A type of annuity where taxes are deferred until the annuitant decides to withdraw money from the annuity.
- Variable Annuity (VA) — Acronym,
- An annuity where the payments received by the annuitant in the income phase of the annuity vary depending on how well the insurer's investment portfolio has performed.