- Apply for a Mortgage
- Contact Us
- Mortgage News
- Library & Statistics
- Rates & Tools
- Mortgage Services
- Residential Mortgages
Most Popular Requests
- Commercial Mortgages
Building and Upgrades
- Apply Online
Mortgages for the Self-Employed
Statistics show that nearly 20% of all income earners in Canada are now self-employed. This is a large and growing demographic, which brings up the question, "Why is it so difficult to get a mortgage through a chartered bank if you're self-employed?" That's because many business-for-self owners fully utilize their allowance for expenses in lieu of extra income, something most banks will not recognize.
At Super Brokers we understand your needs and with our preferred lenders, we will find a product that is right for you.
Here are just some of the great products available:
The Low Documentation (Low Doc) Mortgage
Purchase a new property or refinance your existing home up to 80% of its appraised value.You will need:
- A clean credit history. (No bankruptcies or foreclosures. Any late payments on credit cards or loans may lower your chances of qualifying.)
- Proof that you have been self-employed for two (2) years. (Incorporation papers or GST number.)
- The property to be located in or near a major centre. (Please call for details.)
Some restrictions apply. Please fill out our easy-to-use low-doc mortgage application or contact one of our representatives today to qualify!Apply Now for a Low Doc Mortgage
Please remember each application is unique and these are just some examples of the current products available to business-for-self persons. Here are a few things to remember when shopping for a mortgage:
- A self-employed person with a clean credit history in most cases will receive the lowest rates available.
- An established credit history does improve your chances obtaining a mortgage.
- Please keep in mind that the property must be in or near a major centre.
Super Brokers works hard to bring products like these into the Canadian mortgage market. Contact your Super Brokers mortgage broker for further developments.Our Disclaimer: Although we make every attempt to ensure the accuracy of our website, we recommend you use the above mortgage information as a guideline only. Mortgage interest rates and product availability are subject to change without notice at any time. Certain rates or mortgage products require a minimum credit score, loan amount, or down payment amount and may only be available in specific lending areas. A quick closing loan condition may be required (does not apply to mortgage pre-approvals). For more information, contact Super Brokers by using our online mortgage application.