- Apply for a Mortgage
- Contact Us
- Mortgage News
- Library & Statistics
- Rates & Tools
- Mortgage Services
Canada Guaranty is the third largest mortgage insurance provider in Canada, ranked after only the Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation and Genworth Financial Canada, respectively.
Committed to improving Canadian mortgage insurance, Canada Guaranty aims to be "100% Canadian. 110% Committed." Their vision is to improve mortgage insurance through a commitment to service excellence and financial strength.
Canada Guaranty was formed when a purely Canadian private investor group acquired AIG United Guaranty Mortgage Insurance Company Canada. This transaction resulted in the only 100% Canadian-owned, private mortgage insurance company.
Canada Guaranty offers a wide selection of mortgage insurance products for Canadian homebuyers, including:
- First-time Homebuyers — Mortgage insurance products catered towards first-time homebuyers who are having trouble saving for a necessary down payment, including insurance up to 95% loan-to-value, insurance for purchases that require home improvements, and insurance for new immigrants.
- Self-employed Homebuyers — Products for self-employed Canadians, including insurance for 95% loan-to-value purchases, as well as low documentation mortgage insurance.
- Purchasing a Second Home — Mortgage insurance for Canadians who are buying a second home and moving out of the first, including portable mortgage insurance, and for those who are buying second homes for recreational purposes.
- Building and Renovating — Canada Guaranty has mortgage insurance products for new constructions and renovations.
- Rental and Investment Property — Mortgage insurance for Canadians buying additional properties for rental and investment purposes.
For more information on the national mortgage insurance provider, visit CanadaGuaranty.ca.
- The Benefits of Mortgage Insurance
- The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
- Genworth Financial Canada
- Mortgage Insurance