Terms with Category Government
- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada (AADNC) — Company, Canada,
- Accounting, Banking and Compensation Branch (ABC) — Acronym, Canada,
- Alberta Family Employment Tax Credit (AFETC) — Acronym, Alberta, Canada,
➥ Alberta tax credit.
- A program funded by the Government of Alberta to help low to middle income working families provide for their children.
- Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund (AHSTF) — Acronym, Alberta, Canada,
- Associate Committee on the National Building Code (ACNBC) — Company Est. 1948, Canada,
- Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) — Company, Ontario, Canada,
- Auditor General (AG) — Acronym, Canada,
- Automobile Insurance Rate Board (AIRB) — Company Est. 2004, Alberta, Canada, ➥ Established by the Minister of Treasury Board and Finance Alberta.
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA) — Acronym, Canada,
- A Canadian Act respecting bankruptcy and insolvency.
- Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) — Acronym, Canada,
➥ Pamphlet T4114.
- The Canada Child Tax Benefit is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help them with the cost of raising children under age 18.
- Canada Education Savings Grant (CESG) — Acronym, Canada,
- Program recently introduced by the federal government whereby it will invest, in the form of grants, along-side parents who save for their children's education through RESPs. The government will top up contributions made to an RESP by 20% up to a yearly maximum of $400 per beneficiary.
- Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) — Acronym, Canada, ➥ Canadian International Development Agency program.
- Canada Industrial Relations Board (CIRB) — Company, Canada,
- Canada Lands Company (CLC) — Company, Canada,
- Redevelops and/or sells strategic Government of Canada properties across Canada that are no longer required for program purposes.
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) — Company Est. 1946, Canada-wide, Very Important,
➥ Insures Canadian mortgage lenders.
- The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation: this is a Federally run institution that provides banks and lenders with mortgage insurance. Not to be confused with life or property insurance. In the event of default or foreclosure CMHC assumes responsibility of the property and reimburses the bank/lender the entire mortgage amount. This insurance is required generally when you have less than 25% equity or down payment. This insurance is paid by the property owner in advance but usually added to the mortgage amount. See also "G.E. Capital."
- Canada Mortgage Bonds (CMB) — Acronym, Canada, Very Important,
➥ Issued by the Canada Housing Trust (CHT).
- A fully guaranteed fixed interest rate income investment backed by CMHC (a crown corporation of the Government of Canada).
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP) — Acronym, Canada, Important,
- A public pension plan administrated by the Canadian government.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board Act (CPPIB) — Acronym, Canada,
- Canada Premium Bond (CPB) — Acronym, Canada, ➥ A Canada Savings Bond program.
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) — Company, Canada, Important,
- Canada Savings Bond (CSB) — Acronym, Canada,
- A secure way for Canadians to save. The bonds, which are a form of debt issued by the Canadian government, are cashable, with proper identification, at any time at most Canadian financial institutions.
- Canada Small Business Financing Act (CSBFA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Canada Small Business Financing Program (CSBFP) — Acronym, Canada,
- Industry Canada offers loan for establishing, expanding, modernizing and improving small businesses.
- Canada Small Business Financing Program Directorate (CSBFPD) — Acronym, Canada,
- Canada Student Financial Assistance Act (CSFAA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Canada Student Financial Assistance Regulations (CSFAR) — Acronym, Canada,
- Canada Student Loans Act (CSLA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Canada Student Loans Program (CSLP) — Acronym, Canada, ➥ (Human Resources and Skills Development Canada)
- Canadian Agricultural Income Stabilization (CAIS) — Acronym, Canada, ➥ Provides agricultural producers protection against declines in farming income.
- Canadian Centre for Housing Technology (CCHT) — Company Est. 1998, Ontario, Canada,