Terms with Tag Cryptography
- Card Security Code (CSC) — Acronym,
➥ Also referred to as a Card Verification Value (CVV) or Card Verification Code (CVC).
- This is typically a three digit code found on the back of most major credit cards. It is primarily used as an extra security measure when a Cardholder Not Present (CPN) transaction is made.
- Card Validation Code (CVC2) — Acronym, ➥ Mechanism for credit card fraud prevention.
- Card Verification Value (CVV2, CVV) — Acronym, ➥ Mechanism for credit card fraud prevention.
- Issuer Identification Number (IIN) — Acronym, ➥ International numbering system for the identification of credit card issuers.
- Rivest, Shamir, Adleman (RSA) — Acronym, ➥ Security algorithm by Ron Rivest, Adi Shamir, and Leonard Adleman at MIT.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) — Acronym,
➥ Seen as 'https' in a web address (URL).
- A standard form of encryption used over the Internet for e-commerce and banking transactions.
- Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) — Acronym,
- Secure Socket Layer Virtual Private Network (SSLVPN) — Acronym,
- Transport Layer Security/Secure Socket Layer (TLS/SSL) — Acronym,