Terms with Tag Legislation
- Alberta Business Corporations Act (ABCA) — Acronym, Alberta, Canada,
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA) — Acronym, Canada,
- A Canadian Act respecting bankruptcy and insolvency.
- British Columbia Business Corporations Act (BCBCA) — Acronym, British Columbia, Canada,
- British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) — Company, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Important,
➥ Canadian crown corporation.
- An independent government agency responsible for administrating and enforcing the Canadian Securities Act for the province of British Columbia.
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) — Company Est. 1946, Canada-wide, Very Important,
➥ Insures Canadian mortgage lenders.
- The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation: this is a Federally run institution that provides banks and lenders with mortgage insurance. Not to be confused with life or property insurance. In the event of default or foreclosure CMHC assumes responsibility of the property and reimburses the bank/lender the entire mortgage amount. This insurance is required generally when you have less than 25% equity or down payment. This insurance is paid by the property owner in advance but usually added to the mortgage amount. See also "G.E. Capital."
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board Act (CPPIB) — Acronym, Canada,
- Canada Small Business Financing Act (CSBFA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Canada Student Financial Assistance Act (CSFAA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Canada Student Loans Act (CSLA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Canadian Human Rights Act (CHRA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association (CLHIA) — Company Est. 1894, Canada, Very Important,
➥ Legislative and regulatory representative for Canada's insurance industry.
- A voluntary non-profit association with member companies accounting for 99 per cent of Canada’s life and health insurance business.
- Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) — Acronym, Canada, Important,
➥ Available to insolvent corporations owing in excess of $5 million.
- A Canadian Act to facilitate compromises and arrangements between companies and their creditors to avoid bankruptcy, foreclosure, seizure of assets or employee job loss.
- Corporations Tax Act (CTA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Election Finances and Contributions Disclosure Act (EFCD) — Acronym, Canada,
- Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA) — Acronym,
- Employment Equity Act (EEA) — Acronym, Canada,
- A federal statute that requires employers with 100 or more employees to eliminate any practices in the workplace discriminating against four designated groups of people who have historically been disadvantaged in the labour market: women; people who, by reason of race or colour, are members of visible minority groups; aboriginal peoples; and persons with disabilities.
- Employment Standards Act (ESA) — Acronym, Canada,
- The Employment Standards Act provides the minimum standards for working by setting out the rights and responsibilities of employees and employers in workplaces.
- Farm Income Protection Act (FIPA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Federal Income Tax Act (FITA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Financial Administration Act (FAA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA, FOIPPA) — Acronym, Canada,
➥ Canadian law relating to data privacy.
- Established by provincial governments to provide a right of access to records held by public bodies and regulations governing the use of personal information.
- Government of Canada (GOC) — Company, Canada, Important,
- Government of Canada Publications (GCP) — Company, Canada,
- Income Tax Act (ITA) — Acronym, Canada,
- An income tax shall be paid, as required by this Act, on the taxable income for each taxation year of every person resident in Canada at any time in the year.
- Income Tax Conventions Interpretation Act (ITCIA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Investment Canada Act (ICA) — Acronym, Canada,
- A Canadian law that gives the government power to deny foreign investments of "significant" size if they fail to provide a "net benefit to Canada."
- Land Transfer Tax Act (LTTA) — Acronym, Canada,
- Mortgage Broker License Act (MBLA) — Acronym, United States, ➥ A US mortgage term.
- Mortgage Lender and Broker Act (MLBA) — Acronym, United States, ➥ A US mortgage term.