- An insurance professional who estimates risk and uncertainty. Actuaries assess the complexities, mathematics, and the mechanisms of financial securities.
analyst, financial officer, statistician, number cruncher
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Actuarial Table — Definition,
- A table used in actuarial science that outlines the statistical probability that an individual of a specific age and sex will die within a year.
- Attained Age — Definition,
- The current age of an insured individual.
- Comptroller — Definition,
- An individual who oversees and audits the financial reporting and accounting of an organization.
- Insurance Score — Definition,
- A score used by those in the insurance industry to determine how likely a claim will need to be paid out for an individual or entity.
- Issue Age — Definition,
- The policyholder's age when the policy was first issued, to the nearest year.
- Risk Management — Definition,
- The methods used to identify, assess, and prioritize risk and the strategies used to manage them in the most effective and economical way possible.
- Survival Analysis — Definition,
- A statistical analysis of how likely someone or something will survive to a set date.
- Ultimate Mortality Table — Definition,
- A mortality table that does not include information from people who have been approved for life insurance recently.
- Yearly Price Protection Method — Definition,
- A calculation used to determine the annual cost of protection for insurance policies with savings components.