- A small room in a home with two doors, one door leads to the outside or garage and one leads into the rest of the house. Some air locks many contain a closet, washer/dryer or storage shelving.
vestibule, passageway, mud room
Airlock, Mud Room, Landing
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Bonus Room (bns rm) — Abbreviation,
- A large multi-purpose room found in newer or larger homes.
- Den — Definition,
- An additional small room within a home often used as an office.
- En Suite — Definition,
- An en suite is a bathroom that is entered directly from ones.
- Flex Room — Definition,
- A room within a home that can change usage to meet need.
- Florida Room — Definition,
- An enclosed porch built on the back or side of a house, sometimes air-conditioned.
- Half-bath (½ ba, ½ bth, hbh, ½ bath) — Abbreviation,
- A bathroom with a toilet and a sink.
- A room that contains a toilet and sink, but no tub or shower.
- A bathroom with a toilet, a sink, and a bathtub or shower (usually a shower rather than a tub).
- Jack and Jill Bathroom — Definition,
- A bathroom shared by two bedrooms.
- Study — Definition,
- A room used for reading or work