Blended Rate Mortgage
- The new interest rate when an existing property loan is refinanced and extended. The rate becomes a weighted average of the previous and new interest rates.
averaged rate mortgage, combined rate, mixed mortgage, percentage rate
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Debt Consolidation — Definition,
- The replacement of multiple loans with a single loan, often with a lower monthly payment and a longer repayment period. It's also called a consolidation loan. CanEquity has access to Canada's best debt consolidation products, for more info about debt consolidation see our debt consolidation page.
- Mortgage (mtg) — Abbreviation, Important,
- A mortgage is a contract stipulating a specific real property, typically a residence or building, as collateral for a loan. The mortgage incurs a rate of interest that varies according to term and other features.
- Mortgage Rate — Definition, Very Important,
➥ You can compare mortgage rates using this website by clicking 'Rates' above.
- The interest rate on a mortgage loan.
- Mortgage Renewal — Definition, Very Important,
- A renewal as it pertains to the mortgage industry is defined as having an existing mortgage term end and signing a new term to continue.
- Pre-payment Clause — Definition,
- A clause that stipulates the amount of principal a borrower may prepay ahead of schedule without penalty as well as the prepayment penalty for larger prepayments.
- Pre-payment Penalty — Definition,
- A lender's charge to the borrower for paying off the loan before the end of the term.
- Refinance — Definition,
- To arrange a new loan for an increased amount or better terms whereby the old loan is paid off from the proceeds of the new loan.
- Refinancing — Definition,
- The act of paying off one mortgage with another mortgage to take advantage of lower interest rates. Refinancing is also used to transform equity into cash for vacations, home improvements, or for consolidating debt.