Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- mortgage refinancing
- refinancing a mortgage
Definition of Refinancing
- The complete repayment of a old mortgage loan with new mortgage that has lower monthly payments or better interest rates. Homeowners typically refinance their mortgage to take advantage of lower interest rates or to transform equity into cash. You can use the equity in your home for vacations, home improvements (such as renovations) and for consolidating debt. CanEquity has access to some of the best refinance products available on the Canadian market.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Repayment Plan — Definition,
- Modification of an existing loan after the borrower has been delinquent. Often used when the borrower misses payments but the lender does not foreclose.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ Also known as a Home Line of Credit.
- An open-ended loan, paid as revolving debt, that is backed by the equity in the property.
- Roll In Loans — Definition,
- A refinancing loan that rolls any closing costs or fees into the loan. These programs best serve people who have a reasonable amount of home equity, want to reduce their overall interest expense, and plan to stay in their homes.
- Debt Consolidation — Definition,
- The replacement of multiple loans with a single loan, often with a lower monthly payment and a longer repayment period. It's also called a consolidation loan. CanEquity has access to Canada's best debt consolidation products, for more info about debt consolidation see our debt consolidation page.
- Debt — Definition,
- Money one person or firm owes to another person or firm.
- Cash Out Refinance — Definition,
- The taking out of a new mortgage on the same property in which the amount borrowed is greater than the amount of the previous mortgage. The difference is taken out in cash.
- Wraparound Mortgage — Definition,
- A refinanced home loan in which the balances on all mortgages are combined into one loan.
- Mortgage Broker (MB) — Acronym, Important,
- One who finds clients perspective lenders at generally no cost. Mortgage Brokers have a special relationship with lenders and can offer their clients the best rates and service. CanEquity goes through great lengths to ensure you are serviced by the best Mortgage Brokers in Canada.
- Umbrella Mortgage — Definition,
- A specific arrangement where one document encompasses one or more already existing mortgages registered on the same property. The mortgagee is responsible for remission of payment(s), to lender(s), while the mortgagor makes one payment to the mortgagee. Also referred to as a wraparound.
- Blended Rate Mortgage — Definition, Important,
- If a homeowner renews his or her mortgage early, the old and the new mortgage rates are blended together to split the difference between the interest rates.
- Mortgage (mtg) — Abbreviation, Important,
- A mortgage is a contract stipulating a specific real property, typically a residence or building, as collateral for a loan. The mortgage incurs a rate of interest that varies according to term and other features.
- Mortgage Acceleration Clause — Definition, Important,
- A provision of a loan agreement that lets a lender demand payment of the full balance under specified circumstances, such as sale of the property, default or refinancing. Not commonly used in Canada and/or Canadian lenders.
- Refinance — Definition,
- To arrange a new loan for an increased amount or better terms whereby the old loan is paid off from the proceeds of the new loan.