Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- funeral insurance
- burial services
- deep six
Definition of Burial Insurance
- A form of life insurance policy that covers funeral expenses, generally with a level premium up to the age of one hundred. Also known as "final expense insurance" or "funeral insurance."
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance coverage for death or dismemberment (the loss of a body part).
- Living Benefits — Definition,
- The option for a life insurance policyholder to receive a portion of their death benefit in advance of their death.
- Accidental Death Benefit (ADB) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ A life insurance policy rider.
- An additional benefit that pays an additional sum to a beneficiary if the cause of death is deemed to be accidental.
- Casualty — Definition,
- A liability or loss that results from an incident or accident.
- Death Benefit (DB) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ An amount paid to a beneficiary in a life linsurance policy.
- A payment or series of payments made to the beneficiaries of a life insurance policy.
- Critical Illness Insurance (CII) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ A health insurance policy rider.
- Insurance that covers individuals in the event of a critical or catastrophic illness.