Canadian Depository for Securities Limited
- An agency responsible for the automatic processing and clearing of all securities transactions in Canada.
cds innovations, cds securities management solutions, clearing and depository services
Canadian Depository for Securities
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Clearing and Settlement (C&S) — Acronym,
- The process whereby banks collect or pay out for items drawn on or paid into accounts in their institution. This process enables banks to accept each other's cheques and bank drafts for deposit. The Canadian Payments Association operates Canada's clearing system.
- Secondary Mortgage Market — Definition, Important,
- The trade in home loans that are bundled together and sold as securities to investors. It frees money so more people can get mortgages.
- Security — Definition,
- A tradable financial implement that represents ownership, the rights to ownership or debt.
- Property designated as collateral.
- A document stating ownership of a stock or bond.