Certificate of Sale
Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- notarized statement
- signed document
- sales receipt
- legal document
Definition of Certificate of Sale
- After legal confirmation, an affidavit is issued at a judicial or tax sale to the buyer of a property. The buyer is then entitled to the deed of the property.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Land Contract (LC) — Acronym,
- An agreement for sale of property in which the buyer takes possession while making payments, but the seller holds title until full payment is made.
- Certificate of Title — Definition,
- A written document stating that the title to a piece of property is legally vested in the present owner.
- Certificate of Occupancy (CO) — Acronym, Important,
➥ Zoning bylaw.
- Authorization by a local government giving permission for someone to live in or use a building that has just been constructed or renovated.
- Contract to Purchase — Definition,
- A document in which a property's buyer and seller approve the price and other terms of the transfer of title. Also known as an agreement of sale, a purchase contract or a sale contract.
- Note — Bank,
- A legal acknowledgement of a debt and an implicit promise to repay. It includes the loan amount, interest rate and term.
- Deed (D) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ Used to transfer ownership of assets, often land or automobiles.
- A document that provides title to property and is filed with a country recorder.
- Claim — Bank,
- A creditor's assertion of a right to payment from a debtor or the debtor's property.
- Title — Definition,
- Evidence of a person's right to possession ownership of a property.
- Land Title — Definition,
- The legal document conveying title to a property.
- Purchase Agreement — Bank,
- A written promise to pay a specific amount for a property at a specified time. The purchase agreement is a written statement of the offer, which both the borrower and the seller will sign if the offer is accepted.
- Covenant — Definition,
- A promise made in a contract or property deed.
- Bill of Sale (BS) — Acronym, Important,
- A written document that serves as evidence of the transfer of title to personal property.